Friday, January 02, 2009

Senna cool on move, Hughes targeting Parker?

"I don't know anything about a transfer to Manchester City," he told the Spanish sports paper Marca. "I have only read the same stories that you have and I have no idea where these stories have come from. Everyone in football knows how much money Manchester City have but all I can say is that I want to concentrate on Villarreal and do the best I can for the team. What I can tell you is that what I have read about me going to Manchester City has surprised me."
>>guardian.co.uk

Given Villareal are heavily involved both in La Liga and Champions League contention, Senna's reluctance to move at this stage is understandable, but by doing so could miss out on a move altogether if Hughes focuses on alternative targets.

This perhaps makes a move for Scott Parker more likely with The Times reporting news of an increased bid from ourselves. Given news this morning regarding West Ham's financial problems and announcement they would consider offers for players then it is not hard to deduce that if Hughes wants Parker, the chances are high that he will land him.

Would Parker be a good fit for what Hughes is looking to build though? He is a useful player, neat and tidy but for me, not physical or dynamic enough to fit into the midfield Hughes is looking to build behind the attacking threat we possess - although on the plus side, he is familiar with the Premier League which appears to be a point Hughes is placing a degree of emphasis on.

vote it up!

No comments: