Monday, May 14, 2007

Tottenham 2 City 1

News the twenty-four hours after this game have far overshadowed yesterday's events, but we finished the season with a 2-1 defeat in a game where the result would seemingly not have affected the decision to dismiss Pearce today.

I only managed to catch the goals on this one, and for me Tottenham's first was definitely offside, but from a margin of 2-0 down perhaps there is some credit to the players for getting back into the game and being a little unlucky to not come away with a point.

Pearce was asked about his future following the game, commenting that:

"From my position, I never worry about losing my job, my
reaction would be exactly this – I’d thank the supporters and everyone connected
with the Club.
"It’s a fantastic Club and you people [local press] know that
better than me, you’ve been around the Club a lot longer than I have, but I’ll
go and work somewhere else and prove myself elsewhere.
"I’ve got a feeling
that I’ve got something good to offer management."


Perhaps deep down he knew that time had run out.

Reports:
MEN
Sky Sports
Harry Hotspur

vote it up!

No comments: