Thursday, April 06, 2006

Empty coffers?

So if reports earlier this week are correct and we are set to ship out upto five players in the summer then our are already thin squad will be stretched even further.

As in somewhat of a surprise move, the normally cautious Stuart Pearce when it comes to transfer details revealed that there are next to no funds available in the summer for reinforcements and that he will need to be 'cute' in the transfer market if he is to bring the 'four or five' players in that he feels need to be added to the squad.

And in what was perhaps the nearest he has come to a controversial comment aimed towards the City board he has said that there 'may need to be compromise' when talking about the transfer kitty.

I'm sure names such as Malbranque will again be trotted out over the summer, but I expect that any reinforcements will be along the same lines of last summers captures with small transfer fees and loan signings being the type of player who arrives.

Still, I expect most of the transfer speculation over the summer though to focus on players to be moving out rather than coming in.

vote it up!

1 comment:

brookster said...

So, to go one stage further, are you missing out on the possible UEFA place on purpose because the board can't afford the squad to compete?

Or perhaps he's just playing it safe with the media to avoid getting ripped off for the players he wants: people who've declared how much they've had have never done well in the market.