Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Given - 'I want to finish my career here'

“I'd love to finish my career here,” he declared. “I haven't been here long, but I already feel at home and love the club.

“I grew up a Celtic supporter and they have a big place in my heart, but I really hope I can finish my career here. You can never say never, but I'd like to think I will.

It's a great period to be at City. There's such excitement in the dressing room. There's a real feeling of optimism and we believe we're going places. It's been a great adventure for me and I couldn't be happier."
>>Shay Given.

Good positive stuff from Given, and I can safely say his performances since being signed last January have quashed the misgivings I intially had when he signed, turning in both a high level of consistency and the ability to make the kind of match winning (or point saving) saves that we have lacked since David James left the club.

vote it up!

No comments: