Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Alexsic not signed

From skysports.com:

Serbian starlet Danijel Aleksic hopes to join a big club at some point in the future after missing out on a move to Manchester City.

The highly-rated 18-year-old, who has already represented his country at senior level, spent a few days training with City earlier this summer.

"Nothing happened (with City) because I have a big problem - I wouldn't get a work permit to play football in England," the striker told Sport.

"For these papers you have to wait a long time and on Tuesday the transfer window will close so there is not enough time to make this transfer a reality.

"But I'm still very happy because I had a chance to look at the training facilities and see what it is all about - that was the main reason for my visit.

Given the hype surrounding the player, it may be that he is someone we take a look at again in the future, when a work permit application is more likely to be succesful.

vote it up!

No comments: