Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Elano looking long term

"This is the end of my second season with City and if it were up to me I would be sat around a table discussing a contract extension right now," Elano told the official Manchester City magazine. "I would love to renew my contract at City and remain here for a long time. I love England and I enjoy living in Manchester. I am very happy here."
>>guardian.co.uk

There is no doubt that Elano's form of late has been excellent, and there does appear to have been a thawing of relations with Mark Hughes.

How much of Elano's positivity has been down to featuring regularly is not known though, and the reason for his opportunity of late is set to return this weekend.

Could be an interesting decision.

vote it up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no contest. Elano is one of our best players. He is by far our best on free kicks and penalties, and his excellent passing has given us goals. SWP for all of his hustling and bustling has not got Elanos qualities in those areas.
I'd pick Elano any day.
Remeber last season when Sven was asked why he wasn't able to make England play as well as City did at the time, he said: "I didn't have Elano in the England team". Hughes would be a total moron if he sold Elano in the summer.

newsoftheblues said...

agreed. swp simply doesnt match up to elano, he dribblin is good, but too many times he runs into nothing, his final ball is generally poor.

There may be a slot for him in the middle, should hughes chose to play 1 defensive mid.

ELano gets the ebst out of ireland and robinho, would be silly to drop him! Funny enough when elano has featured, city have won most of the games, he also has a good goal to game record considering he hasnt featured for half the season.