Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shay a Given?

So it would seem:

SHAY Given was not in Newcastle's squad to face City this evening prompting further speculation the goalkeeper is on his way to Eastlands.

Magpies boss Joe Kinnear earlier admitted that he may lose Given, who has been at Newcastle for 11 years.
>>MEN.

Given's ommission for tonights game comes on the back of Joe Kinnear's comments this afternoon, which were as much a tacit admission of Given's impending departure as they come:
"He's done 11 years here and I think he wants a new challenge.

"I left Shay with owner Mike Ashley, club managing director Derek Llambias and Given's lawyer Michael Kennedy, and the talks went on for a few hours.

"It's out of my hands and I am still waiting for the final outcome.

"I would be heartbroken to see him go because he is one of the best keepers in the world. But Man City keep banging on the door to talk to him."

With that I would assume he would be in the ranks in time for the weekends game against Stoke.

vote it up!

No comments: