Sunday, December 14, 2008

Closing in on Diarra?

Manchester City remain the favourites to sign Portsmouth's Lassana Diarra in the January transfer window, despite reports in Spain suggesting new Real Madrid coach Juande Ramos is preparing a rival offer for the 23-year-old.
>>guardian.co.uk

Reports have surfaced since Juande Ramos took over at Real Madrid that he would also be looking to add Diarra in January, but it does appear we still hold the upper hand and given Portsmouth's financial situation, a rumoured bid of around £20 million would more than likely land him.

Interestingly, it does appear that Diarra may have a 'get out' clause in his contract - most likely as the result of a minimum bid, if his comments are correct:
'I was able to add a clause to my contract, so if I shine here, and if a big club wants me, I already know that everything will go well. I don't want any more battles.'

vote it up!

1 comment:

newsoftheblues said...

what do you reckon, we are linked with so many, i think this is likely.

i rate him, but would prefer tthe world class cambiasso