Friday, March 07, 2008

Reading prediction

Reading eded a miserable sequence of results last weekend with a 1-0 at Middlesbrough, something which I'm not too sure is a good thing or not given our penchance for 'assisting' struggling teams back into form.

They are, however, still mired deep in a relegation battle and will probably look at this game to get at least a point from.

Sven is expecting as tough an encounter as the Eastlands meeting last November, and it does not strike as having many goals in the game.

Team wise, Elano is expected to be fit to start but Nedum Onouha is out through injury and joins Martin Petrov on the sidelines. For Reading, quartet Emerson Fae, Graham Murty, Brynjar Gunnarsson and Glen Little all miss out through injury.

Reading's attack has not been impressive this season, yet have only notched two goals less than ourselves, which gives an indication of their defensive struggles which have left them in a relegation battle.

Although they won last week, they have not notched back to back victories for almost a year now, and given our recent form we need to get back on track, yet have struggled on the road for the most part of this seasom.

Overall, a point is the maximum return I can see us coming away with, and a 1-1 result will be the outcome of another frustrating afternoon.

vote it up!

3 comments:

Mo said...

I´ve also been analysing the two teams. I have my reasons to say City will come home with all 3. If I absolutely have to predict..well a 0-2 to City is my best bet.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I really like your soccer blog.

I am giving away $50 to the best blog entry over at:
http://www.nonstopfootball.com/forum/announcements-competitions/27-blogging-cash-giveaway-win.html

I also thought your readers might be interested in a promotion I am running. I am giving away $100 cash split between 10 lucky forum members:
http://www.nonstopfootball.com/forum/announcements-competitions/15-member-cash-giveaway.html

Cheers and thanks for your time.

John

Anonymous said...

free bet


what a tough week in the UK scene.....chelsea, man u, arsenal..