Friday, December 21, 2007

Etuhu pens new deal

Kelvin Etuhu has capped a great few weeks by signing a contract with Manchester City until the end of the 2009/10 season.

This season has seen the 19-year-old make his first team debut and score his first goal for the Blues in the 4-2 win over Bolton last Saturday. He had already made an immediate impact in his first appearance as a substitute, setting up Georgios Samaras for the winning goal against Norwich in the Carling Cup.

Sven-Goran Eriksson was pleased to get the deal done and speaking exclusively to mcfc.co.uk he declared: "Good news. Kelvin has signed a new contract – very good.

"We are very happy about that and it’s one more young, talented player and we’ll see how good he can be. We know he’s good already because he’s played in the first team and we are very pleased."

A product of the City Academy, Kelvin has fought back from the cruciate knee injury that ended his 2006/07 season while on loan at Rochdale.

After signing his new contract, Etuhu said: "I’m very happy and happy to be at a club that’s going forward. I’m working under a very experienced manager and I’m very happy to be here.

"I was hoping that the new contract would come and I’ve been working hard to make it happen and I’m delighted it’s arrived."

And he outlined his aims saying: "I want to cement my place in the team and hopefully be successful with this Football Club."

-mcfc.co.uk

vote it up!

No comments: