Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bresciano still keen on City move?

Mark Bresciano can't wait to join Sven-Goran Eriksson's
world all-stars.
The man from Down Under almost made it to the City of
Manchester Stadium last month but a transfer window deadline deal fell down
because his club Palermo wanted Manchester City to pay the near £6m fee
upfront.He was so close to signing a four-year City contract he was allowed to
train at Carrington and now he's hoping a deal can be rekindled when the January
transfer window opens.The 27-year-old Aussie international midfielder said: "I
was at Manchester City in June before the season started and now I've just got
to wait and see if my team in Italy release me in the new year."I think Palermo
are prepared to let me
go to City. I've got my fingers crossed."
-Lancashire Evening Post


It appears pretty much that Bresciano wants out of Serie A (as the full article explains further) and it seemed that only a disagreement over the structure of the transfer fee held up the deal prior to the August window closing.


Whist not overly light in midfield, there is definitely room for new faces in the squad (particularly if the Stephen Ireland issue potentially drags on) and I think Bresciano's industry and energy would be a welcome addition and I do expect that he will sign for us sometime in January.

vote it up!

No comments: