Monday, April 02, 2007

Mpenza looking long-term

From mcfc.co.uk:


“....It’s nice because I have started the last three
games for City and scored in the last two, but now it’s possible for the team to
start looking up the table and that’s the most important thing. It’s always nice
to score but I really enjoyed today’s goal because we have moved up the table
again.
“I think it’s possible for us to go even further up the table, maybe
into the top 10. If we can win the next game that’s where we should be looking,
that’s the right position for this team. It’s getting better for us after each
game at the moment.”
“I’ve enjoyed being at City since I arrived and I think
it’s going well for me. I’m just going to keep working hard, but I like it here
and if I get some more goals then maybe we can talk when the season is finished.
“I’ve been to London and Birmingham in the past, but Manchester has
everything and I think it’s a great vibrant city – it suits me down to the
ground.”

vote it up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He better be given a long term contract with good wages. He has single handidly saved our club from the disater that is Corradi and possible relegation. Mpenza is a Manchester City hero already from my view of things.

Anonymous said...

One more thing. We should never buy another Italian player. They dive, they cheat and they cannot play English Football. If we had bought Mpenza instead when we bought Corradi over the summer we'd be pushing for Europe instead of facing possible relegation. Give me Belgian who wants to play like Mpenza over any cheating Italian any time.