Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Looking forward

From Sky Sports:


"In the summer, there may be a takeover and they might
say they need a new man at the helm," Pearce told the Manchester Evening
News.
"It is physically impossible to feel secure as a football manager but I
don't see the rest of the season as an audition for my own job.
"I know my
job, what is coming through the academy system and what areas we need to
strengthen.
"I have a list of targets to give to the chief executive. I will
tell him that's what I want and that he has to deliver it for me if he
can".


As I mentioned in the Fulham review, it is amazing what a few positive results can do - and all talk of Pearce being shown the P45 has pretty much evaporated.

Has the recent spell just papered over the cracks, or is their genuine signs of optimism for a long-term Pearce regime?

vote it up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re the bloke in the pub with Walshy
It seems 'anonymous' thinks Gerard Wiekens had more hair. Is this a case of pot and kettle from someone who bears an uncanny resemblence to Frank Sidebottom?
Come on you Blues - bring back Bert