Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Transfer rumour round-up - January 3rd

It seems unlikely that Stuart Pearce will be armed with a hefty transfer kitty, and that any funds available to him will be coming once again directly from the chairman's pocket:

"There is no money sloshing around the accounts, so I
don't imagine three successive league wins will have any bearing on the money I
get from the chairman.....and obviously, with the input he has had already,
there will not be a great deal coming to me.
"But there are no tricks and no
hidden money.
"We have said that from day one."


I guess that rules out any move for Shaun Wright-Phillips then.

Jose Mourinho has appeared to distance himself from rumours that they are interested in Micah Richards with his post game comments:

"But I am telling you with the reality of the English
market, I prefer to play with assistant Baltemar Brito as a central defender.
"He is 55, he was good central defender and I would rather play him than pay
the crazy money that people are looking. I promise you, I prefer that.
"It
is everybody, not just Manchester City.
"We didn't even speak with any club,
but just because of the smell that Chelsea needs one central defender at least
puts people dreaming or thinking we are stupid.
"I would love an Aston
Martin, but if you ask me (for) £1million for an Aston Martin, I tell you, you
are crazy because they cost £250,000."


I've said before that I can't see Chelsea making a move for Richards in the January window, and unless Mourinho is bluffing with these comments, it seems to back this up.

Sylvain Distin has not ruled out a stay at the club beyond this season, telling L'Equipe that "several clubs are asking for me, it's very nice but I haven't ruled out staying at City", whilst former City defender Mikkel Bischoff has moved back to Danish side Brondby on a free from Coventry City.

vote it up!

No comments: