Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Signing imminent?

Some positive news at last!

Lazio midfielder Ousmane Dabo has given a clear indication that he could be on his way to the club after announcing he has been in his talks over a free transfer move in the summer;

"One thing is for sure - Lazio's proposition still doesn't suit me. The club from Roma offers me a six-year prolongation. Today, staying seems difficult to me. If I leave I will choose another league. It has been in my head for several years now. The present thought is about my future destination. Today, our position with Lazio is far away.
I am in talks with Manchester City. As I am close to the end of my contract, my managers are talking with several teams. We have not talked about wages with Manchester City yet. I don't want to make a bad choice, as I did in the past. The Manchester City challenge is really exciting. So today, I say: 'Why not?’

The midfield is definitely an area that has universally been identified as needing strengthening and Dabo is a good player and certainly an upgrade over the likes of Reyna, Musampa and Sibierski who have been used in that position this season.

Also, coming in on a free transfer and (presumably) fitting in with the club wage structure it will definitely be good business by Pearce if he manages to pull this signing off.

vote it up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This close season is going to be a real tester for pearce.A big change is required in our squad....I hate to be the prophet of doom but if we continue in the vain of the last few months then relegation is a Very real posibilty next season!!What a gutless showing against Fulham.....and hopefully a wake up call!!