Saturday, May 27, 2006

Dickov returns home.

As expected, Paul Dickov has returned to the club, signing a two year deal and speaking in gushing terms about the club.

"Blackburn offered me a great deal to stay there, two years, and they were going into Europe, but I just felt that the chance of coming back here was too big a pull for me. Financially, I could have gone elsewhere but this is the club I support and it's one where I want to be successful."

Yes he will be a trier and give us all for the cause but I just can't see how he will offer an upgrade over anyone already at the club apart from as a 'role' player to come off from the bench and try and provide a spark to the team - and given the way we finished the season maybe that will be a vital role come next season.

vote it up!

1 comment:

Danny Pugsley said...

I don't see Sibierski as an out and out striker and plays a different role than Dickov. I think he is most effective as the 'second' striker playing off the main striker and linking with the midfield.

One of the problems I think Sibierski has faced is that he has been shunted around in different positions without getting a regular shot at his best position.

It's not particularly a shot at Dickov who has done far better at Leicester and Blackburn than I thought, but if Pearce is seeking to improve the strikers then I think there are better options out there - not necessarily as cheap though?