Friday, August 19, 2005

Match day preview.

City head off to Birmingham for a Saturday tea-time game at St.Andrews this weekend with both sides coming off the back of 0-0 draws last weekend.
Richard Dunne is expected back after missing last weekends opener but played 45 mins for Ireland against Italy in midweek. The decision facing Stuart Pearce will be whether to leave out Sommeil or Jordan to accomodate his return.
Otherwise, I expect Pearce to name an unchanged line-up.
Birmingham are hoping that Emile Heskey will be fit to complement an attack of Forsell and Pandiani and I expect this to be the biggest danger facing City tomorrow as this was an area that Steve Bruce looked to strengthen from last season.
I would hope for a big game from Darius Vassell on a ground where is expected to receive some stick for his previous life as a Villa player, whilst David James will undoubtedly receive a 'warm welcome'.
Not going to be a TV classic I wouldn't imagine and the most interesting point of the game could be City's unveiling of our limited edition third kit - a colour beautifully described a 'blaze yellow'.
The kit will then be on sale but limited to just 5,000.
The one and only time I remember us wearing a yellow kit before (correct me if I'm wrong anyone) was away at Arsenal about 10 years ago and we were on the wrong end of a 4-0 defeat (come on, it was City playing at Highbury!!), but I expect tomorrow's game to be a lot tighter and my hunch says a 1-1 draw.

vote it up!

No comments: